INTERIOR DESIGN COURSE
1. GETTING READY TO LAUNCH
- The 4 main tools you need to get started.
- Setting up your home office for success.
- Investing in the right software.
- Money Matters: banking and taxes explained.
- Branding your business.
- Building a website that works for you.
- Brass Tacks: establishing your LLC and acquiring insurance.
2. NAILING DOWN THE BUSINESS BASICS
- Creating a contract and defining your terms.
- Figuring out your fee structure.
- Defining your design services – what you will and won’t do.
- Defining your process – the key to a good client relationship.
- Setting up a CRM software – the key to managing multiple projects.
- Why you need to be time blocking and sticking to office hours.
- Building your A team: To hire or not to hire?
3. CREATIVE WAYS TO ATTRACT CLIENTS
- Identifying your target client.
- Tips for getting a great headshot.
- Building your portfolio – even if you don’t have any clients.
- Your signature style – what you will be known for.
- Photography: why it is so important and how to get the most out of it.
- How you market your business both locally and nationally.
- How to use social media to your advantage, without stressing out.
4. WHY YOU NEED TO BUILD A COMMUNITY
- Designer friends: why you need them.
- Networking online: how to build lasting relationships with people you’ve never met.
- Networking in person: how to make real life connections with like-minded businesses.
- Collaborations and partnerships: why they’re crucial when you’re just getting started.
Recommendations for the top 10 books, best 5 design magazines, 5 apps, 5 websites and top 10 podcasts I go to for design and entrepreneurship.
Welcome to the colorful world of interior design and congratulations on taking the first step to creating a profitable business that brings you JOY!
To learn more about this course offering, watch this short video introduction.
This course is a great fit for so many people. It’s a fit for someone who is looking to break into the design industry. It’s also a fit if you are tired of working for someone else and wish to build your own empire. Maybe you desire to have a career that allows you to work from home and spend more time with your family. Maybe you feel like there’s some missing key out there that other design professions have unlocked, but you still struggle with.
There is a myth out there that designers are just professional pillow fluffers. Some think that the job is all too easy – just picking pretty patterns and paint colors. I’m here to tell you that this narrative is completely false. Interior design is a complex industry and there’s a lot of factors that go into building a successful business.
I started my design business 5 years ago and now run a profitable 6-figure firm with employees. In that time, I have listened to countless podcasts, attended countless webinars and read countless articles. There was no one place that told me what I wanted to know before I took the leap into entrepreneurship.
In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know in order to get started – the building blocks. There isn’t “one thing” that will make your business a success, rather many key components that go into designing a career that you can be proud of.
There are some common mistakes that newbie design entrepreneurs make starting out. First and foremost, I see a lot of designers operating without a contract. Another mistake I see made all too often is designers skimping on photography. This is an area to invest in and we’ll go through that in this course. Lastly, a big mistake I see being made is designers not wanting to share with others. Don’t hold your secrets too near. We’re strongest when we share our information with others in our industry. That’s why I’ve created this course.
The biggest mistake YOU can make is to take this course but not take action. This information is nothing without you following through on the lessons you’ve learned. On the final page, there’s a checklist that outlines each and every step you must take upon completion. Good luck and let’s get started!
(ALL SALES ARE FINAL).